Here is an example of a email marketing campaign I helped execute with two other members of the marketing team.
We compiled a three part drip email series that offers a content offer in each email sent out over a time frame of 3 weeks. One email per week. Sent to estimated 30,000 contacts each send.
I scheduled this campaign during the middle of the week during our "sweet spot" based on previous tests. So between 11am - 3pm.
- Week 1 (tuesday) - A webinar registration
- Week 2 (wednesday) - An infographic
- Week 3 (thursday) - A white paper
My steps for this project are my standard Landing Page Setup with form integration and confirmation page. Repeated three times for each incentive.
- Setup form for specific incentive with appropriate fields
- Setup landing page with page title, meta description, and URL based on offering. 55
- Connect the correct form you setup in step #1 into the landing page.
- Setup confirmation page that redirects when form is submitted.
I setup each email in Hubspot. If a user "clicked" on the incentive within the email, it raised the lead score on the contact by 5 points.
The results were as following:
- Open rates 18-19%; Before we were averaging between 10-13%
- Click through rate: 1-2%;
- Inbox percentage: 80% ; Results from ReturnPath. This rate was higher than our usual 75-78% range.
- Made it into google “Updates” category... Results from ReturnPath.
This marketing campaign was successful in exceeding our usual open rates between 10-15%. We also gained good click through rates and activity to our sales team. And we had 25 webinar submissions.